Our healthy obsession with safety and quality is reflected in our approach to:
- Creating safe environments and systems of work for our staff;
- Reviewing and improving the performance of our patient safety and quality systems on a continuous basis;
- Assisting our healthcare professionals to monitor the safety and quality of care they provide; and
- Ensuring accountability for the safety and quality of care at all levels within our organisation.
We operate under a comprehensive Clinical Governance Framework based on an integrated approach to clinical risk management and continuous quality improvement. This Framework measures four major areas of performance:
- Clinical Risk Management (making sure our services are safe and minimising risk of error);
- Clinical Effectiveness (making sure that the clinical services we provide are effective);
- Effective Workforce (making sure our staff are competent and up-to-date); and
- Consumer Participation (involving our patients and carers in their care).
To further demonstrate our commitment to quality, customer-care and satisfaction we have achieved ISO 9001 Certification from International Standards Certifications; we are accredited to NSQHS (National Safety and Quality Health Standards) and are a member of the Australian Day Hospitals Association.